Featured Post

A tale from times to never revisit again - my mother making it at no odds

This book is about the times at the Second World War end and what happened just before the ending and up to later years with respect to t...

söndag 27 december 2015

The Rocky movies still rock...

So I saw all 4 Rocky movies again, yes, yes, I know there is another one, the fifth that is another great movie and so sentimental, bringing the tears out of my eyes when I saw it. Seeing these movies makes me feel at home as great part of my life was living the cold war times, times slightly “colder” than today but with an illusionary sense of stability and not so much change, yet with incredible developments brewing and with great opportunities. I do not like change unless it is caused by me, things are changing so fast today that sometimes I feel lost, like being zapped away to another planet and often change seem to happen for the sake of changing things and order, not only for a good cause, for doing good but because of greed and ambition. I think ambition is greed in disguise.

These movies could be filed away to be used as cinematographic history giving a moving pictures peep-hole into how we were, thought and lived in the post-war era after the second world war. Life feels so much more uncertain today, it is like everything is up for grabs; we have a new race and another round of geopolitical ambitions with all the former big-powers engaging but now dressed up in a new set of clothes and another set of methods for global land-grabbing. There are wars brewing with many players involved on the same arenas all with their own agendas.
There is an overwhelmingly large exodus ongoing with millions fleeing wars, oppression, general unrest, terror and famine. I cannot understand people trying convince me that what is going on is making a better world. There are new threats emerging every day lived, geopolitical, religious, economical, contamination hazards, biological hazards, weather hazards, it seem like when we fixed one we get 10 new ones as a bonus.


The era of the cold war and the dictatorships kept the lid of the Pandora’s box shut for decades until recently becoming literally blown off.

I very much enjoyed seeing these great movies again and to briefly return to a world I (I thought) knew. The Rocky movies are great story telling by moving pictures seldom seen on the big screen.

I may see the last one too risking another tear-drop falling from my eyes.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar